The University Heights Symphonic Band is always interested in identifying talented musicians from the Cleveland area. At the present time, there are openings for clarinet, trumpet, trombone, tuba, and percussion. Please fill out the application form below if you are interested. If your particular instrument is not listed we still encourage you to get in touch, as our needs change regularly. New members are chosen based on their musical ability, but also on their readiness to faithfully commit to the band’s schedule of concerts and rehearsals.
Because of COVID-19, we are currently only conducting auditions via video submission. When you fill out the form below, we will reach out to you with more information about the audition process.
Our season generally runs from the first Thursday in September through the end of July. We rehearse each Thursday evening from 7:30 until 9:15 PM at the Coventry PEACE Campus in Cleveland Heights. Most of our performances generally fall on Thursday evenings, but we occasionally have performances which fall on Sunday, or a different night of the week.
Fall 2021 COVID Indoor Rehearsal Policy:
- Masks are required when in common areas of the Coventry PEACE Campus
- Masks are required when not playing, e.g. extended rests, or when the director is rehearsing other sections
- A COVID vaccine is recommended but not required at this time
- Musician masks are recommended when playing, but not required
- Band members will be seated at 6-foot distance
- Require self-monitoring of health status. Members will any suspected symptoms are requested to stay home
- Members will not lose their spot or part assignments if they choose to sit out temporarily
Please fill out the form below, and we will contact you shortly!